Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any grant to fund UK master's study?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Quick question to the community... is there ANY way to get financial support (grant or otherwise) for a masters in the UK if you're an Irish citizen. I'm certain that when I checked last year local authority grants included UK universities.

This year, I've got an offer from Edinburgh Napier and a grant would go a long way (although not all the way) to making it plausible. I was kinda taking it for "granted" :-/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

RapaNui wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question to the community... is there ANY way to get financial support (grant or otherwise) for a masters in the UK if you're an Irish citizen. I'm certain that when I checked last year local authority grants included UK universities.

This year, I've got an offer from Edinburgh Napier and a grant would go a long way (although not all the way) to making it plausible. I was kinda taking it for "granted" :-/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

J.

The Local Authority grants at postgrad don't cover the UK as such, just Northern Ireland. I know for sure they didn't last year either....maybe they did years ago, but not recently. Outside of that you'll find very little funding other than research type grants or school/faculty scholarships or bursaries.

UK postgrad funding for taught masters is very rare. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

Advertisement