Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost friend

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi- I know there are regular posts like this but I am at a loss for what to do. Basically I am a female, late twenties, had a difficult past (family-wise) and have always had difficulty opening up to and trusting people as a consequence. I have many acquantances but have difficulty making real friends as I do not like talking about my past and explaining why I do not have contact with my family. My best friend is the only person who knows the ins and outs of my situation, who I have known for 5 years. In the past few months though she has distanced herself from me to the point of where she barely returns my calls. We are very close so I had no issue in asking her what was wrong. She laughed off my concerns insisting everything was fine, but it clearly isnt. I feel so lost. I am surrounded by people and have no one i can really talk to. I have been going over and over things trying to see what could have happened but cant explain it. I have gone from having someone I tlk to for hours each day to making small talk with my workmates and it has affected me much worse than I could have imagined. I have my pride- I have been rejected in the past and am not willing to beg someone for their friendship. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I go from here?? Sorry for the long post but it has taken a lot for me to write this down and admit how lost and empty I feel. Thank you for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

What has changed in your friends life that she can't devote the attention she used to to You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Did you mainly talk to your friend about your problems?

Advertisement