Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Employment of Women

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to hire a few people for a reasonably good job. We're talking middle management at a multinational, pay in the 60-80k region, possibly a bit more if someone was very good. I pretty much expected to be inundated with CVs and to be able to pick the absolute cream of the crop, but instead it seems that the only applications I am getting are from old birds in their 30s.

Now I don't know what anyone else thinks, but there is no f*cking way I would even consider hiring any of these. They are either stone crazy from being left on the shelf or they are gearing up to spend three quarters of the next decade out sick or having babies. What is annoying is that I have to go through the motions of interviewing them and giving them feedback, or they go whining to HR, and I'm starting to struggle to find PC reasons for not taking any of them.

Before I am wrongly accused, I am not being sexist here. I personally think the winning play is to hire a girl, but a nice chick, ideally around 27 or 28 is what I am in the market for. They work hard, look good, make an effort to be nice, and are generally a nice thing to have around the place. You get about 3 years or so out of them and everyone is happy to part ways when the time comes.

Now, I know this probably isn't going to go down well, and I'm sorry if I have come across the wrong way, but I just wonder whether anyone thinks I have it wrong - from a business point of view, of course. I pride myself on my open-mindedness and can be won over to any viewpoint if it can be shown that it makes business sense.

Thanks for listening!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Quick! Take Cover!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think you should put cup size on your requirements for the job ad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I am not being sexist here.
    Yes you are.
    Thanks for listening!
    You just signed up this account to troll.
    As such you have been banned.
    Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement