Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would an unlocked iPhone 3gs be worth?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm just after getting my iPhone 3gs 32gb unlocked by apple.
    I've had the phone for 1 year and its in perfect working order.
    How much do ye think this is worth? I'll be selling it soon to purchase the iPhone 4.

Thanks for the help!
    JPS

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I bought one last week(16gb) for €250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

i sold my 32gig 3gs, unlocked officially by apple, for €23o, although im kinda regretting that now more and more, reckon i could of got 3oo if i actually put the word around a bit more and got more interested parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

I was actually thinking around 250 myself but wanted to make sure!
    Cheers for the replies
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

I sold my unlocked iPhone 3g 16gig for €80 three weeks ago. Good deal for your man?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

would be worth around the 300 mark if you have previous shsh sigs saved with cydia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

OI wrote: »
    I sold my unlocked iPhone 3g 16gig for €80 three weeks ago. Good deal for your man?

Bargain of the century man

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Bargain of the century man

It was a quick deal, I was buying a desire, he was a colleague, happy days. So far he's only used it to play paper toss. Another colleague wanted it to play angry birds.

I showed him barcode scanner and ShapeWriter today on my desire and he was Ragin. Worth getting a desire for ShapeWriter alone its unbelievably impressive, almost magical. Worst thing is battery is absolutely terrible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

japasca wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm just after getting my iPhone 3gs 32gb unlocked by apple.
    I've had the phone for 1 year and its in perfect working order.
    How much do ye think this is worth? I'll be selling it soon to purchase the iPhone 4.

Thanks for the help!
    JPS

PM me if you want to sell, im looking for a 32GB version at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Thanks for the offer but i've plenty of friends looking to buy it already. I just want to give them a fair price but also not loose out myself.

cheers tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Don't go too mental on price, envirofone will give you over €280 for the 32g 3gs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Bluehair wrote: »
    Don't go too mental on price, envirofone will give you over €280 for the 32g 3gs.

But they don't care if its unlocked and are always under the market price.

300 would be fair.

I'm selling mine to my mate for 150 and 2 dj lights..................good deal eh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

But they don't care if its unlocked and are always under the market price.

The point was aimed at seller not buyers, one poster on here sold his for €230 and could easily have gotten at least €50 more just for sticking it in an envelope to envirofone :(. Unlocked and in good nick should be worth quite a bit more but i tend to use envirofone as a gauge of the bottom line for value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i got €420 for an officially unlocked one year old 32GB 3Gs about a month ago on adverts.ie...it was snapped up in less than an hour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

Bluehair wrote: »
    The point was aimed at seller not buyers, one poster on here sold his for €230 and could easily have gotten at least €50 more just for sticking it in an envelope to envirofone :(. Unlocked and in good nick should be worth quite a bit more but i tend to use envirofone as a gauge of the bottom line for value :)

yeah that was me :(

and gryzor, just reading that sickens me, i'm so mad i didnt hang on a week and offer it to a few folks at work, someone is paying 200 for a white 16gig 3gs that is scuffed at the back and had camera problems a few days ago, and if he had of seen my 32 gig one, in imaculate condition and no problems, he would of gone more i reckon.

i went 230 cause i seen envirophone looking 280 for a used one, but off course i realise then that they're offering less then market value for it and will be flogging em on for 350 or so.

so bummed out now, but a iPhone 4 will ease the pain hopefully soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

I sold my 16GB 3Gs this week on ebay for 300. It was jailbroken and unlocked and the SHSH files were saved on cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭denisor

I achieved 275 for a 3G 16gb on adverts last week

I estimate the 3GS would achieve 350 for a 16GB and 400 for a 32 GB

Advertisement