Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post & Rail fencing

Options
  • 23-06-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Coming to the end of my selfbuild and was planning on having my garden planted along with veg beds etc........still no garden!!

Im looking at getting a post & rail fencing for 230 meter area.

Anybody know of any places that are coming in at a good price at the moment.......if so can you PM me please.

144 2x4 16ft lenghts
    100 4x4 6ft posts

Navan Area.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Just getting a few prices myself over here in Galway, Brooks by far the best, there may be one near you in Navan. Just wondering what you are going to treat the fence with when it's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Brookes in Dublin seem the best value as well.

Im looking to cover a 30 Ft Garden..what length of posts would I be looking at? What sizes do they come in?

I thought 6 posts 6 foot apart, 3 lengths going horizontal between each section (15) any how many round top boards ( http://www.woodford.ie/product_boards.html ) would I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Going with 4x4 posts and 4x2 rails.

I need 230m of the stuff so thats 150 16ft 4x2 & 100 6ft 4x4 posts.

was getting crazy prices from 1400-2900, spoke to another guy today that has rails in his yard last 3 months so he's giving them to me for 3.80 per 16ft rail which is a pretty sweet deal!

Try look at sawmills too that have rough cuts and then treat yourself.

Im just getting the standard ronseal with a spray gun, all the timber Im buying has been treated so just topping it up.

Old Gill, I wouldn't have a huge gap between each post, reduce it down to 4ft-5ft.
    Im just going with the simple straight stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Going with 4x4 posts and 4x2 rails.

I need 230m of the stuff so thats 150 16ft 4x2 & 100 6ft 4x4 posts.

was getting crazy prices from 1400-2900, spoke to another guy today that has rails in his yard last 3 months so he's giving them to me for 3.80 per 16ft rail which is a pretty sweet deal!

Try look at sawmills too that have rough cuts and then treat yourself.

Im just getting the standard ronseal with a spray gun, all the timber Im buying has been treated so just topping it up.

Old Gill, I wouldn't have a huge gap between each post, reduce it down to 4ft-5ft.
    Im just going with the simple straight stuff.

Thanks, dont suppose you know how many round top boards Id need to cover 29ft?

Advertisement