Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing My Hair Colour Tonight - Blonde to slightly darker

Options
  • 23-06-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been dying my hair with Schwarzkopf Live XXL colour in Absolute Platinum this 9 months. I want to go darker colour. Not too much darker, sorta like a very dark blonde / light brown. I was just wondering would I be able to put this colour over my own colour that I have in now?? I was looking at this colour in the Pharmacy earlier but my hairdresser (i.e my mum) said that its a lighter for darker hair and not what i want... i'm confused! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_57aLXp-5-Hk/S ... MG0565.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

The link doesn't work. If I was you I would go to a hairdresser. Unless you are planning on going a reddish shade, a light brown dye could easily turn your hair green. The reason is, when you bleach your hair, you bleach out the underlying red pigments (you can see them as your hair goes through the "orange" stage).
    Unless you put those pigments back in (hairdressers call it pre-colouring) your hair will have no red pigments. If the dye you put in has little or no red pigments (ie. cool or ash shade) then you will end up with green hair.

Would you not just ask your mam to do it with professional colours since she is a hairdresser?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

No my mam isnt a hairdresser, she just does my colour!!

But I think your right, I'll not chance it. I'll go to a hairdressers at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

you will need to put in something with a red tint first. even a semi. this is to put the red pigments back in your hair,the you can put in a darker shade without fear of turning green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I went to the hairdressers instead of doing it myself....... didnt want to risk it!! My pocket is alot lighter but at least my hair is not green!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

dlambirl wrote: »
    I went to the hairdressers instead of doing it myself....... didnt want to risk it!! My pocket is alot lighter but at least my hair is not green!!!

Post a photo!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement