Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to see a Fortune Teller

Options
  • 23-06-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just have this incline feeling to go and see one. I am in a very good space right now and I am happy but it's always being in the back of my mind to go and have my future told. Is this wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

I often wonder why people bother with this - Fortune Tellers use Cold Reading techniques to convince that they know something about you and your future.It's a big bowl of wrong to pay someone money to do this to you.......to tell you the truth I'm not half bad at Cold Reading myself but I'm not a fan of using it - it can be powerful but it's highly manipulative of whoever it's being used on!

In saying that, Do it if it makes you feel happy - They'll normally tell you something you'd like to hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I just have this incline feeling to go and see one. I am in a very good space right now and I am happy but it's always being in the back of my mind to go and have my future told. Is this wise?

No its not real. Your future depends on what you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

Fortune Tellers are very vague with their predictions and will ask you questions about yourself so they can get an idea about what you want to hear based on the info you give them. They are pure chancers. Read the horoscopes instead, at least they are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

dont go , cos i was in a good place on my birthday last year, of i went into town and went into this wan, she told me bits of things that had happend, but as for the future well lets just say ever since then ther is nothing but bad luck coming to our door, so if you want to stay in your good place please dont go .

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There is a sub forum of paranormal where people discuss readers/readings.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1076

People see fortune tellers for different reasons. Some for entertainment, some to help with difficult decisions, some people just want to talk and be listened to. Worst that can happen is you waste money, really. Ive heard of a few irresponsible people who spout terrible stuff, but hopefully they are not common.

No matter how accurate a reader is, your future is still yours to do as you want, and you are the only one who holds all the answers anyway. So for a bit of confirmation or positivity, or just fun, it can be good, but it wont map out your future for you. Which would only take the fun out of it, anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well if you're in any way gullible like my ex I wouldn't advise it. She went in her 20's for a laugh, was told she'd never have kids, carried that with her into our relationship and within 9 months wanted us to get married and have kids within a year (she was 31 when this started).

Was only when I asked what was the fecking hurry that she told me this, told her to stop being so bloody stupid and cop on but she still carried it and was convinced it was true.

Three years on from that???... well at this stage for all I know it may very well come true by self prophesy. In the end the incessant rushing into things just got too much. Self destruct of a great relationship.

How stupid is that? And all started by some evil ole biddy looking into a cup of bloody tea leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

myusername2344 I suggest you try here is is a sub forum about mediums and card readers some people have found going to such people helpful, I myself have been for a reading
    once a year.

It can at times provide a bit of guidance or a nudge in the right direction or get you thinking along different lines or at things in your life differently, just becareful about who you go to and don't take everything they say as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi op, I think you should go if you feel that way inclined:)however be prepared that it mightn't always be something you want to hear, I was told to get my vision checked a few months ago and thought it was a reference to my short-sightedness, however in the past few months have lost a bit of vision:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

bvnvcmc wrote: »
    Hi op, I think you should go if you feel that way inclined:)however be prepared that it mightn't always be something you want to hear, I was told to get my vision checked a few months ago and thought it was a reference to my short-sightedness, however in the past few months have lost a bit of vision:(

I was told the exact same thing. Get my eyes checked out. I came out crying and worrying. I had my 2 year check up a few months later and i was so nervous going in and my eyesight didn't change in 4 years.

Advertisement