Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Req: Best place up north to buy laptop

Options
  • 23-06-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking probably PC world is cheapest looking online, anybody got other suggestions? Going to Belfast.
    Looking to buy something i5 with a graphics card, 15" or 17" with about €800 to spend so I guess up to 700 pounds..
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

I'd also be interested in knowing this, how much do you stand to save on a laptop by buying up North ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

cianclarke wrote: »
    I'm thinking probably PC world is cheapest looking online, anybody got other suggestions? Going to Belfast.
    Looking to buy something i5 with a graphics card, 15" or 17" with about €800 to spend so I guess up to 700 pounds..
    Thanks!

£700 = €863 based on consumer buying rate from a bank or credit card.

This was checked out before and I thnk most people found that the better prices were down here.

If budget is €800, you'll need to purchase at £650 sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭g32

cianclarke wrote: »
    Thanks!

PC World - likely, but wait until their august sales. Sometimes, they have great value sales. I remember comparing their sales to the ones down here and the price differential was relatively good. More savings to be found in their northern stores. But shop around when up there.

Advertisement