Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth repairing iphone 3G with cracked screen

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:16am

I've a damaged iphone 3G that I'm considering getting repaired. The phone was dropped twice and the following damage was sustained.
      First time:
    • Crack in the screen running from top left to top right
    • Noisy vibrator
    The phone functioned as normal apart from the above until the second drop.

Second drop
    • Solid white screen when woken from standby
    • Case has separated slightly on the right hand side.

The phone still responds to touch input and calls can still be answered by doing the answer gesture. But it's pretty much useless because of the lack of video going to the display.

Would it be worth replacing the screen and vibrator to sell it on fairly cheap as a refurbished phone or hock it for less money with all the damaged bits? Or am I dreaming..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

also, can anybody answering the above if they've gotten a screen, back replaced on the 3G or 3GS? how much and where does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭bazzjazz

computer city do repairs, not sure if trade only though....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ronan1001

I got my cracked 3g screen replaced in fm mobiles on georges st

http://fmmobiles.ie/

It cost me 70 to get a new one, done in under an hour.

OP: Maybe give them a ring? It doesn't sound too promising, I'd say you'd spend almost as much fixing it as you would get for selling it..

Advertisement