Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extracting audio from dvd

Options
  • 23-06-2010 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with a problem I am having.

I want to extract the surround sound channels from a dvd (war of the worlds to be exact) and I am using cinematize pro 2 for pc but it doesn't seem to be picking up the audio files when I load the dvd.

Can anyone suggest another programme that would do this or suggest a reason as to why this is happening

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Doing anything to a copyright DVD is a no-no, so I cant help you with war of the worlds but if you wanted to do it with any other non-copyrighted DVD use DVD Decrypter, here's the link. now dont be using that on war of the worlds, just other stuff :)

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

interesting... surround sound. Ive never considered sampling all the channels. You might need to adjust some settings in DVD decrypter do get all channels (tutorial)

If you've an audio interface/recorder you could just sample traditionally and record the audio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 camalphat

101001 wrote: »
    interesting... surround sound. Ive never considered sampling all the channels. You might need to adjust some settings in DVD decrypter do get all channels (tutorial)

If you've an audio interface/recorder you could just sample traditionally and record the audio?

Thank you for the replies,

I used a audio programme called audio extractor.

You can take the individual surround channels from the dvd, i.e. centre channel..left..right..etc.

Useful if anyone is looking for something similar.

Advertisement