Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Designs? Ratio, Decking, Raised Flower Beds

Options
  • 23-06-2010 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I've got a small garden shed that is totally useless and ugly, storing an old foosball table, a lawnmower that doesn't work, paint brushes I'll never use and have the population of the spider world (You know the spiders are big when you can hear the footsteps).

Anyway, I want to get rid of it but not sure what to replace it with. I have thought about decking but its not in a place that will get much sun light. I was doing some research and found a couple of nice garden designs such as http://www.gardenviews.ie/Latest_Garden_Designs.htm.

Has anyone any other options?? Not looking for it to be too high maintenance either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A photo of the area would be useful, also what kind of money are you willing to spend? Where do you keep your working lawnmower? Are you sure you don't want the shed?

I would suggest a gravel area, raised or flat depending on the site. Put down some weedproof membrane and put in plants, then cover with pebbles. Thats about the most trouble free suggestion short of paving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shrek2

looksee wrote: »
    A photo of the area would be useful, also what kind of money are you willing to spend? Where do you keep your working lawnmower? Are you sure you don't want the shed?

I would suggest a gravel area, raised or flat depending on the site. Put down some weedproof membrane and put in plants, then cover with pebbles. Thats about the most trouble free suggestion short of paving.

Ye might take a few snaps. not sure how much I'll spend really depends on what I going to go for. Regarding the Lawnmower, its in my garage, why? you want a lend?

And I think I'm ready to part with my Shed :rolleyes:. Its falling apart and I'm pretty sure there's things living in there bear grylls wouldn't touch.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll look into it for sure.

Advertisement