Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way to...

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this would be a good idea for a quick question/quick answer thread, but I just wanted to ask a quick one anyway.

Is there any way to send a text thread (so the whole conversation between you and someone else) via email?

Basically I had sent a few texts back and forth to someone who bought a vehicle off me and I just want to email it to my work email address so I can put it in the mail archive and delete it off my phone.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Try Sms backup - apparently it automatically backs up your texts to your gmail account.

Haven't used it myself but it's supposed to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the tip :)

Would prefer not to automatically back up texts to be honest, I don't even use gmail as my main account either :o

Would like to just be able to "Send thread" to any oul email address if possible? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip :)

Would prefer not to automatically back up texts to be honest, I don't even use gmail as my main account either :o

Would like to just be able to "Send thread" to any oul email address if possible? :)

I haven't forwarded full threads but you can forward individual messages. In the sms thread just keep your finger on the message you want to send, select 'Forward', enter the email address you want to sent it to and press send.

Thanks, have seen that alright but would like the thread option if possible :)

found a program called txtract, it backs up your texts and gives you the option to send to any email too :) sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

found a program called txtract, it backs up your texts and gives you the option to send to any email too :) sorted!

cool. nice find:)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Thanks for that. Just what i was looking for. And free too!!:)

Is there any way to get my phone to automatically connect to a new provider when I go out of and back into coverage from the Republic? Whenever I drive across the border, my phone prompts me to choose a new network, unfortunately, by prompting, I mean the signal just dies and it pops up a list of new providers to choose from, no notification sound or anything so I could be driving for 20 minutes without realising my phone has been without coverage because I haven't selected a new operator. Happens both when leaving and returning to .IE

Also, is there a way to choose "preferred" networks? I'm with VodaFone Ireland so I'd like it to automatically choose vodafone UK and of course, back to Vodafone Ireland automatically when it comes back across the border, but it's currently prompting me for both :(

Advertisement