Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up on A2DP and iOS4

Options
  • 23-06-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Did something really stupid. I updated my 3Gs to iOS4 and everything was working perfect apart from when I tried to play music trough my bluetooth car stereo.

For ages I couldn't figure out what the problem was. First thing I tried was turning off and on bluetooth, forgetting the device and re-pairing. Next I tried turning on and off the phone, I even tried a hard reset. Then I restored my stereo to factory settings and went about reconfiguring all the settings. Still didn't work. Next on my list was to try a full restore of my phone which had no success either. I was seriously pissed off by this stage having spent several hours trying to figure out what the problem was to no success.

It was much later when I was telling my mate about the problem and showing him that he noticed volume controls down the bottom of the screen which weren't there before, and the volume was turned all the way down. Que major slagging and me feeling like a right tit. :o It turns out one new features of iOS4 is A2DP volume control and for some stupid reason it defaults to zero volume.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Good to know though, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's what we call a learning experience. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Cheers sink!

I use this feature a lot and you might have just saved me the grief you had. :p

Advertisement