Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory restore fail

Options
  • 23-06-2010 1:06am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I factory restored by phone in a rush stupidly and now when I go to try a restore from Backup it only given me one option which is of no use, I understand from looking around the web that it is possible to use some programs to get some older restores back but can't find out exactly how to do so on Vista.
    Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

ok if it was possible I would know how to do it. There is no software that allows you to restore delete back ups on itunes.

You could use dd in linux to make a dump of your iphones hd, then using encase and write a patter search that matches ASCII representations of .plist headers and footer and hope that your new install hasn't overwritten the phonebook.plist, but I fear this is out of your skill set.

Advertisement