Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need urgent advice re: 3G iPhone - please read!

Options
  • 22-06-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Bought a 3G iPhone last night on ebay - trustworthy seller and all that. Anyways, it's locked to the O2 network.

What I'm wondering is, what's my best bet...

A) Get her to contact O2 to unlock it. Costs £15 (which I'd pay) and can take up to 14 days

OR

B) Get her to send it as-is and get it unlocked and jailbroken myself for use on the Meteor network?

I have a UK O2 SIM card, if that's any help in the least?

There's some info here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

Please help ASAP as I dunno whether to get it posted tomorrow or not.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Not telling you what to do, but if it was me I'd take it and jailbreak it myself. As long as you don't update it to IOS4, it's easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cheers man. Any other tips or advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

You can Update to 4.0 and jailbreak and unlock if you want Check Iclarified for guides on how

You can Update to 4.0 and jailbreak and unlock if you want Check Iclarified for guides on how

So does this mean I should get it unlocked in a shop or wait for her to do it via O2 in the UK?

So does this mean I should get it unlocked in a shop or wait for her to do it via O2 in the UK?

Neither do it yourself
    do that http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10188
    then this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

• Advertisement

Neither do it yourself

Is it really that easy? I'd be worried about bricking it.

Probably won't bother with iOS4 'til it's fairly stable for the 3G, and even at that I've read it's not that great an update for the 3G due to all the missing features so far, along with slowdown.

Is it really that easy? I'd be worried about bricking it.

Probably won't bother with iOS4 'til it's fairly stable for the 3G, and even at that I've read it's not that great an update for the 3G due to all the missing features so far, along with slowdown.
    yeah its real easy, i put links up last post should sort you out.

I've asked another friend who does some coding and she recommends getting it legitimately unlocked to prevent bother down the line... if it's unlocked by a mobile phone shop, can it then be locked again by Apple or an update?

The shops will do the exact same I just posted for you , if you could get 02 too unlock it would be great cause no apple updates take that away

Aye. Gonna try for the O2 unlock. Thanks for all your help man. Greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement