Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemates

Options
  • 22-06-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Have been living with my housemates for the past year,we;ve known each other for years and get on well enough,but lately they are starting to fry my head,I'm living with 3 blokes yet im the only one who is employed in the house,I come home from work and find the 3 of them slouched on the couch watching and shouting at the TV, They dont go to bed for all hours ,sleep all day and decide to have showers at 11.30 at night when im up at the crack of dawn!!! they seem to only ever talk about soccer,and one of them is a control freak who freaks out about the smallest things.Lately i cannot even walk into the house without not wanting to leave,Like for the first 6 months living there i was happy as a pig in sh*t but now im just miserable,i dont think the boys understand too busy watching the world cup,thinking of just leaving any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

It's not going to change if all 3 are unemployed, with little chance of them getting jobs. It must feel like your the daddy coming home from work with the 3 teenage lay abouts. They will more than likely ignore anything you say and feel you are nagging them. Plus you must feel some resentment towards them laying about all day looking at football.
    OP I think you should get a new place while you are still all friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

OP I think you should get a new place while you are still all friends

Totally agree with you teacherspet. I had a similar issue with a mate I was living with in Spain. he is an only child so he had the usual spoiled child attitude. I had to get out before I knocked the everloving s**t out of him. It actually came to the point where the 2 other lads living with us had to hold me down on the couch. I left and salvaged whats was left of our friendship.

Just say you need space and that you are looking for somewhere smaller and more affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I think you're jealous at all the free time they have while you spend your days working.

Maybe you should get a house share with other employed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can relate somewhat.
    my housemate is currently in the process of deliberately trying to antagonise me by rearranging where things go in the kitchen.

There is oooodles of free press space elsewhere but no, ill take the delf out of the press where it has always been, just so that I might get another little bit of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Mary Hairy

I blame the parents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Find a new place.

Sometimes you can be great friends with people but living together just doesn't work. They're happy enough on the dole, you're working and getting stressed by them. It's not going to finish well.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Housesharing is a great experience that everyone should do imo, but it gets old quickly... Moreso when you're sharing with mates.

gtf out of there, just say you fancy a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Mary Hairy wrote: »
    I blame the parents!

Unhelpful and off topic posting is not acceptable in Personal issues

Please take the time to read the charter which can be found here

Thanks
    Rec

Advertisement