Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can parent(s) claim?

Options
  • 22-06-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

My daughter will commence a one year taught masters in Sept '10 and it looks like I will have to fund everything. Even though she's over 25 it looks like I'm still responsible for her? (Oh! the joys of parenting!).
    However, does anyone know if I can at least claim tax relief on either the course fees or the maintenance payments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

u should be able to claim tax relief on fees at around 20% back methinks.dont think youd be able to claim any for maintenance,maybe if shes renting smwhre you can claim rent relief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

So long as you are the one paying the fees you can claim tax relief on them at whichever rate you pay tax. Outside of that there's no tax relief for any associated or additional costs.

Advertisement