Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible trainee Assistant Editor Position

Options
  • 22-06-2010 4:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Dublin based production is looking for a potential trainee assistant editor in the near future.

The position may be for a few weeks, but could conceivable run longer, and would start nearly immediately.

Candidates Must;

Have a working knowledge of Avid Media Composer (Not Final Cut Pro, Not Adobe Premier, Avid) They do not need to be fully and completely technically savvy but should be able to, for example;

Load sound and picture.

Mark up sound.

Synch rushes.

Create Scene Bins.

make simple sequences

(Please no time wasters, if this is something you think you can blag your way through you'll not even make it past the phone call)

The candidate would have to be Dublin based, extremely punctual, and have a great sense of attention to detail.

Please PM me, giving a brief outline of your experience, if you are interested.

(Mods I'm going to cross post this to the Film Production forum as well)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Might be an idea to say whether the position is paid or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Might be an idea to say whether the position is paid or not.

Yes it is a paid position. I really wouldn't advertise if it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Di0genes wrote: »
    Yes it is a paid position. I really wouldn't advertise if it wasn't.

Fair enough - just helps to state it as there's a lot of people out there who think trainee=unpaid these days.

Fair enough - just helps to state it as there's a lot of people out there who think trainee=unpaid these days.

Depressing isn't it? Because we expect the person to at least have some avid experience, and won't need hand holding for the basic stuff, we are happy to pay for this.

No one interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Di0genes,

To be honest I'm not sure I'm up to the required standard but I'll let you decide that. I work with Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate which, as you may well know, is a consumer suite produced under avid. As I am a student(Just finished LC, planning on Computer Science or Digital Media) I have been using what was at hand which has meant SD miniDV and HDD consumer cams. I shoot sporting events, and music/plays for the school and for a friends band. All very entry level but a 3CCD 1080P + is way out of my budget.

Also related I'm an amateur DJ with a big interest in music(bit of an audiophile). I'll happily spend a few hours with headphones on lipsyncing(video and audio, not singing). With regards to still I have a fundamental knowledge of Photoshop. I live in D14 and can be into the city(Stephens green) in under 15 minutes on the bike. Willing to commute up to 25KM each way if necessary.

This a preview for my Zombie Walk 2010 Video(Excuse the cheesy soundtrack):

If you feel I may be a candidate for the position please let me know and I'd be glad to provide and details you require.
    Regards,
    Lethal.

Bump this position is still available.

Update this a paid position, and seeking people for interview in the next 7 days, and the position will last till Mid Nov, if you want to send in your CVs please pm me for the address.

Please remember the Original OP still stands you should have;
    a working knowledge of Avid Media Composer (Not Final Cut Pro, Not Adobe Premier, Avid) They do not need to be fully and completely technically savvy but should be able to, for example;

Load sound and picture.

Mark up sound.

Synch rushes.

Create Scene Bins.

make simple sequences

(Please no time wasters, if this is something you think you can blag your way through you'll not even make it past the phone call)

I will emphasis this is a major drama series for a UK production company. The position comes with a salary for it's duration, a professional credit, and a chance to work on a CGI intensive production working in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Anything in graphic design ? :p

The position has been filled.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement