Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fungus infection

Options
  • 22-06-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone might have an idea what this is and what to do about it. My knowledge of horticulture could easily fit on a pinhead, so I don't even know what the infected shrub is, never mind what's wrong with it.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Is this on roadside? Looks like paved area at bottom of photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Mothman wrote: »
    Is this on roadside? Looks like paved area at bottom of photo.

Not on roadside. It's part of the driveway of my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My observation from photo is that the plant is affected nearest the drive and at car level. High up and away from the drive the plant seems to be clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Mothman wrote: »
    My observation from photo is that the plant is affected nearest the drive and at car level. High up and away from the drive the plant seems to be clean.

Thanks -- Yes it does seem to be more infected at lower levels, although it is spreading quite rapidly through the plant and the fungus spots, if that's what they are, are steadily blending together to the extent that many leaves are becoming white and furry. Strangely they don't seem to be dropping off or anything.

My concern is that I have several of these bushes and I wouldn't want them all to get killed off. I wonder if there's some sort of fungicide that would solve the problem?

Advertisement