Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jailbroken & Unlocked 3GS 3.1.2 to iOS4 Unlocked??

Options
  • 22-06-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Hi all, been looking through all the threads related to the new software but im still confused.
    At the minute I have a 3GS with 3.1.2, on baseband 05.11.07. It is jailbroken and unlocked. I am using my meteor sim card in the iphone. My iTunes is 9.2 aswell by the way.

Is it possible to upgrade to iOS4, jailbreak and unlock it?
    And if so, does anyone have a link to a step by step process?

Any help would be hugely appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

This from Nicker_s on another thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508399&page=34

I got it working on a 3gs (3.1.3 not ios4), it wasn't jailbroken so did it my way, don't bother saying, ah, you should of don this, you should have done that, this worked for me.

Here's what i did:
    Went to http://spiritjb.com/ and downloaded the exe for windows (im on vista just fyi, dunno if it makes a difference),
    ran it (didn't work, had to right click and change the compatibility (tab at top) to windows 98/me and run as administrator box ticked)

then went to the cydia app on the phone, went to manage (at bottom)-> sources-> add and put in the address: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com -> and add source, ran that, then went into Ultrasnow in sources and installed it (press confirm), got some error messages about failed to cache, ignored them, it rebooted. Took about a minute and picked up meteor, made a call. Working fine, hurray!

Please dont bother correcting what I did cause it worked, i hate that sh1te, add to it or suggest other ways that work.

That was all just thrown together in about a minute so just deal with the layout, fed up of iphones and reading about 3.1.3, ios4, baseband, 5. whatever and stuff that didn't work today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Cheers Mitch Buchannon, ya i saw that post but the problem i have with doing it that way is i have iTunes 9.2 and read somewhere not to use spirit with iTunes 9.2!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Cheers Mitch Buchannon, ya i saw that post but the problem i have with doing it that way is i have iTunes 9.2 and read somewhere not to use spirit with iTunes 9.2!

Sorry man, I cant help ye. Im useless when it comes to this stuff. Im sure someone will be along soon that can help you out.:)

No bother, cheers anyway dude :)

Anyone else have any idea?
    Really want to upgrade to iOS4 if possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

As far as I know there is just an unlock for iOS 4 but no jailbreak (that I would trust anyway) available yet.. but the dev team are supposed to be working on it..

I am in the same boat as you but am going to wait a few days to upgrade to iOS 4 and hopefully an 'official' jailbreak will be available then.

Cheers treatyman, but i thought you have to jailbreak the phone first before you can unlock it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

stay tuned to this feed
    Dev-Team

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cheers treatyman, but i thought you have to jailbreak the phone first before you can unlock it??

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Is it offically unlocked by carrier or direct from Apple? If so you could upgrade now without impacting the unlock. Jailbreak will come, probably Thursday when the new iPhone is in users hands.

Cheers

• Advertisement

hshortt wrote: »
    Is it offically unlocked by carrier or direct from Apple? If so you could upgrade now without impacting the unlock. Jailbreak will come, probably Thursday when the new iPhone is in users hands.

Cheers

Nope, unlocked it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

See the dev-team have updated with new info and rules so check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0 so cannot be jailbroken as yet or unlocked as yet as that needs the jailbreak to work.
    Wonder will they be able to jailbreak the new bootrom?

Advertisement