Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertiliser 10-10 -20

Options
  • 22-06-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi . Does anybody know if I can give 10;10;20 fertiliser to hedging . Escolonia , olerea , Grisilinia , coastal types . Its been very dry and becuase oof the bad winter i think some of my established hedging needs some feed and some of my newer hedging is potted3 year olds that was set in the beginning of the summer.

Also what should I pay for 50 KG bag . Thanx:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

10:10:20 is a good general fertileser, however for young trees and shrubs you should be looking at a 3:1:1 ratio (10:10:20 and a generous spread of chiken manue pellets would work).

Newley planted hedging and trees need watering in more than anything else, until they root into the soil they are prone to drying out

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

Thanx skrynesaver.

Can pick it up in the north for £21 excluding vat for 50 Kg is that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I don't know to be honest, don't do landscaping anymore (fscked shoulder) and my own plot is organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

para45 wrote: »
    Thanx skrynesaver.

Can pick it up in the north for £21 excluding vat for 50 Kg is that good.

I think its about €25 here

Advertisement