Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychologist

Options
  • 22-06-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I went to a doctor about a problem i was having a few weeks ago and she told me that it was psychological and wanted to refer me to a psychologist. However, working part time, living away from home and not being able to ask my parents for a handout means that I can't afford to see one. I told her this and she told me to ring either UCC or CUH (i'm living in cork) and from them there's some way that I should be able to find a student doing their masters in clinical psychology and that they'd see me for free as they're not qualified.. but being the silly billy that I am, I thought the problem was solved and forgot what she told me to do. Turns out though that the problem isn't solved so now I have to backtrack and go see the psychologist, but I can't remember properly how to go about finding one that will see me for free?

Do I ring the college or the University hospital? Who do I speak to? Is what she told me even true that someone would see me for free??? Please help as this problem needs sorting soon!! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SinchoE

Not too sure about this but try calling your doctor and asking again who to contact. Other than this, check the ucc website and try to find a general email address for the psychology department, i'm sure they'll be able to give you some advice. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement