Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs she likes you

Options
  • 22-06-2010 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I could do with some advice from people of both genders on this one.

Ive been looking p signs that a girl likes you. Apparently it's things like constant hair brushing or touching you etc. I never notice any of this coming from girls.

Maybe im just really clueless but I never can tell if a girl likes me and its led to a lot of cases where Ive missed the girl who likes me and went for one who doesnt. Ive never had a gf but apparently Ive had a few girls like me and I havnt noticed but I honestly havnt seen any indicator that they do.

It would make my life a lot easier if I had some inkling into when a girl does like you (it would also really help my confidence at asking them out if I had some idea they were into me instead of feeling like none of them like me :( )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It would make my life a lot easier if I had some inkling into when a girl does like you (it would also really help my confidence at asking them out if I had some idea they were into me instead of feeling like none of them like me :( )

Your problem is you're trying to run before you can walk. Why do you want to ask a girl out when you don't know anything about her other than she looks good? She could be a headwrecker for all you know. Talk to her first to see if she's nice, THEN think about asking her out. Have respect for yourself, you deserve to give yourself the time to get to know her. After all, if things work out, you could be spending lots of time with her : )

It's nigh on impossible to tell whether a girl likes you or not just from physical signals. I've seen lots of advice that a girl fancies you if she twirls her hair, which is bull because that's something I do all the time whether there are men around or not. Don't listen to the physical signs malarkey because every girl is different

Hey op here. I do get to know the girls in question. But even once I have gotten to know them I still havnt the faintest idea if they like me or not.

Hey op here. I do get to know the girls in question. But even once I have gotten to know them I still havnt the faintest idea if they like me or not.

The only way you'll know is if you ask them out. If they haven't told you to leave them alone so far, well then you're in with as much a chance of going on a date with them as any other guy out there. Ask one of these girls if she'd like to go for coffee/lunch. See how you get on. Then organise the next date. See how you get on again. After several dates like this, you'll start to feel more comfortable with her, and her with you. Don't be putting pressure on yourself to be a charming Lothario type, if she agrees to go on a date with you, then you don't have to pretend to be something you're not on the first date.

Believe in yourself, believe that you have a lot to offer because if you don't believe you've a lot to offer, no-one else will!

Forget about all the the "this is a sign she likes you" rules. All of that, she'll twiddle her hair, look left, look right, touch her ear, stand on one leg and cluck like a chicken stuff is inaccurate. I twiddle my hair all the time, and it doesn't mean anything about who I like. A guy told me once that if a girl crosses her legs towards the side you're sitting on it means she likes you. It got me so paranoid that now if I'm talking to a guy (whether I like him or not) I purposely cross my legs away from him. Even when one leg gets tired/pins and needles, I wont swap over because I don't wanna give him the wrong idea. Crazy!
    I think the best way to tell if a girl likes you (except for if she's blatantly flirting with you) is if she spends a lot of time with you. Like if you're out with a group of friends and she's there, you might notice a lot of the time she'll get involved in conversations that you're in, she'll sit beside you, she'll have one-on-one conversations with you. She'll laugh at everything you say. Even when you're talking out of your backside. I think it's pretty easy to tell when my friends are into certain guys because they'll just smile for no reason when they're talking to them.
    As I said before, there are no real rules, and as I'm a girl myself I probably amn't the best person to be giving advice on it. There are exceptions.
    I think if you just keep your eyes open you'll start to notice it.

Advertisement