Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, June 22nd @ 20:15 in Wes#2- Boardeaux V SS Rovers

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - IN

Defenders

Andy
    Cathal - In
    Dan - Inj
    Ed - In
    Keith - In
    Glenn - Out
    Graham - In
    Martin - Out

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin - In
    Gav - In
    Kenny - work

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - In
    Dave - work
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

In for this, played tonight for Rocco for 30 minutes and leg is fine, no pain what so ever after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I'm In

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm out for this one lads. Struggling to get over a chest infection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Snap, same here. Thought I'd be over it by today but still got the cold like symptoms. Good luck tonight lads

GK

Clay - IN

Defenders

Andy
    Cathal
    Dan
    Ed - In
    Keith
    Glenn - Out
    Graham
    Martin - Out

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie
    Conor
    Eoin
    Gav
    Kenny

Forwards

Anto
    Ciaran
    Dave - work
    Jules - In

think dan and ciaran are in for this also, will leave des confirm.

lads, this is the sort of game that can make or break the season. SS rovers are our bogey team, weve never beaten them. we will never get a better chance of beating them, they aint exactly firing on all cylinders.

we aint playing great ourselves, but we are still in there and no better way to get back in form with a performance tonight....we are due a good one, we need it and we will get it with full effort. the next 2 or 3 weeks will decide alot, a few teams are already out of it, lets not become another one. we have to believe we are good enough to win this league and every game, starting with tonight.

dan is out injured, sh*te....

2-1 win. f*cking smashing stuff, started out missing clay ( i played in goals), dan, martin, glenn, kenny, dave and andy, with Collie and Gav coming off injured. mikie had to tog off and play the last 10.

it was really backs to the wall stuff, make shift defence, make shift team, but everybody dug deep and this i think is 2 points gained all things considered and makes up for the 2 dropped 2 weeks ago.

best win of the seaosn IMO cos pure and simple, when we were under the cosh for the 2nd half, against a strong breeze with a bare team, people upped their game and really got stuck on. they had 4 chances to eqialise in the first few minutes of the 2nd half, but once we weathered that storm, we more than held firm and even had 2 late chances to seal it.

templeogue astros losing 4-0 makes it a great night, its a one point league now.

get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Great win lads, smashing stuff, with the Roys result to come, they're playing Glenwood, so hoping for at least a draw there.

Fair play to everyone for the commitment shown tonight, I know I asked some of you to play in unfamiliar positions, but it's all for the team, we're doing this together.

On to next week lads, it's a big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Fair play lads sounds like you's poured you heart and soul into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh great stuff lads. Think it was Collie who said it - we wanted it more than they did. We kept our heads well and recovered from that dodgy post-half-time spell and then we looked threatening on the break from then on.

Great workrate and plenty of talk and support all around the pitch and fair play to Ed for doing a great job in goal.

Templeogue will be a dangerous wounded animal next week - give em an inch and they'll take it; make em feel they're in just as physical a battle as against MDMA tonight (but on the right side of the line that appears to be invisible/warped to MDMA;)) and that'll help make them fear they're gonna be on the end of a similar experience from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great win lads, sounds like heroic stuff!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cracking performance everyone put in 100%, backs to the walls at times but we broke well a number of times and could have added a couple.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was some performance lads.

I've missed quite a lot of the matches this season, but I've seen the best three I've seen and the worst. Last night was the best.

Advertisement