Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st post!

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Woo hoo, haa haaaa!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Where's andy with the Banhammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,478 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Aaaaany second now....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

o1s1n wrote: »
    Aaaaany second now....

Technically ..... there is no charter for this sub-forum.

So, with that in mind;
    funny-pictures-cat-can-walk.jpg

funny-pictures-cat-is-kissed-by-dog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Thank you admins :)

Now that this is finally setup, I won't have time to do any shuffling around until tomorrow evening at the earliest, so unless one of the other mods wants to move all the appropriate threads, this can be a playground for now :)

Remember, normal boards.ie rules apply here and the airsoft forum charter too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

History

The gummy interior of the jelly bean may trace its origins back hundreds of years to Turkish Delight, while the outside shell is essentially the same as that developed in the late 17th century for Jordan Almond candies[citation needed]. The earliest known appearance of the modern jelly bean was during the American Civil War when William Schrafft of Boston promoted sending the candy to soldiers in the Union Army.[1] It was not until 1930 or so that jelly beans became an Easter candy, presumably from their resemblance to Easter eggs.[2] Their egg-like shape was then associated with the Easter Bunny, who gave out eggs on Easter
    [edit]Manufacture

The basic ingredients of jelly beans include sugars, gelatin, corn syrup, and starch. Relatively minor amounts of the emulsifying agent lecithin, anti-foaming agents, an edible wax such as beeswax, salt, and confectioner's glaze are also included.[3] The ingredients that give each bean its character are also relatively small in proportion and may vary depending on the flavor.

Most jelly beans are sold as an assortment of about eight more or less standard fruit flavors. Assortments of "spiced" jellybeans and gumdrops are also available, which include a similar number of spice and mint flavors. The colors of jelly beans are also more or less standardized, and a fairly typical scheme is shown in the table to the right.

Some premium brands, such as Jelly Belly and The Jelly Bean Factory, are available in dozens of different flavors, including berry, tropical fruit, soft drink, popcorn, and novelty ranges, in addition to the familiar fruit and spice flavors. While these are also sold as assortments, individual flavors can be individually purchased from distributors. A version of the "Every Flavor Beans" from the Harry Potter series was made commercially available, and included flavors described as earwax, dirt, pepper, and vomit.
    There are other candy products which also have a hard candy shell and a gummy interior, such as Skittles. However, these are not marketed as jelly beans and are not typically referred to as such.

In United States slang in the 1910s and early 1920s a "Jelly bean" or "Jellybean" was a young man who made great efforts to dress very stylishly, presumably to attract women, but had little else to recommend him; similar to the older terms dandy and fop and the slightly later drugstore cowboy. However, the word was also used as a synonym for pimp. The term was memorialized in the song, "Jelly Bean (He's a Curbstone Cutie)", kept popular through the 1940s by Phil Harris. It was written by Jimmie Dupre, Sam Rosen, and Joe Verges and published in New Orleans in 1920 by Universal Music Publishers, Inc.
    In the semiconductor industry, a "jelly bean" component is one which is widely available, used generically in many applications, and has no very unusual characteristics - as though it might be grabbed out of a jar in handfuls when needed, like jelly beans. For example, the 741 might be considered a jelly bean operational amplifier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

tumblr_kv44gwRgTq1qzw1xho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

vuvu-idiots-13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

fayer wrote: »
    In United States slang in the 1910s and early 1920s a "Jelly bean" or "Jellybean" was a young man who made great efforts to dress very stylishly, presumably to attract women

The womenz love my beanz:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I think he's in here!!

funny_21.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

54260565.jpg

• Advertisement

image.axd?picture=Net-Forum-Moderator.jpg

I got modded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

skeptical_hippo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Must post funny pic..........damn you mobile boards damn you to hell!

Hey my first in before the lock! :D

Oh yeah and I'm finished my leavin and have a possibly illegal amount of vodka in my system!

Wooohoo no more school!!!

Markom5a wrote: »
    Must post funny pic..........damn you mobile boards damn you to hell!

Hey my first in before the lock! :D

Oh yeah and I'm finished my leavin and have a possibly illegal amount of vodka in my system!

Wooohoo no more school!!!

Congrats, I'm stuck till friday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

funny-cat-that-farted.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

arr3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Masada wrote: »
    Woo hoo, haa haaaa!

:D

funny-pictures-unimpressed-cat.jpg

Congrats, I'm stuck till friday :p

Tough break technology or applied maths?

Anyway I shall be getting fluted on Friday as I turned 18 during the lc and havnt had a chance to go out on my real id yet!! So I apologize in advance if I post a thread confessing my love for this sport on Friday night!

fayer wrote: »
    image.axd?picture=Net-Forum-Moderator.jpg

Very sneaky mod editing!!!!

Markom5a wrote: »
    Tough break technology or applied maths?

Anyway I shall be getting fluted on Friday as I turned 18 during the lc and havnt had a chance to go out on my real id yet!! So I apologize in advance if I post a thread confessing my love for this sport on Friday night!

App Math. Nerds R Us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

user32031179353953pl7.jpg

**** moderation...

and the world

TheDoc wrote: »
    user32031179353953pl7.jpg

**** moderation...

and the world

I'm reporting this it's simply under doc regulation for length!

Oi!!! stop giggling down the back you know which way I meant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Moderators, skilled in the art of...
    jewjitsubz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Demotivators%20-%20Look%20at%20this%20duck.jpg

functions.jpg

ibtl1bush2.jpg

Well I've had my say....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

LOLERIFIC 1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

exercise_DeMotivational_Posters-s500x400-20166.jpg