Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much is the new iPhone 4

Options
  • 21-06-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

How much is it gonna be when it comes out on thursday...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

£499 and £599 for 16GB and 32GB simfree respectively. Only in UK though, and they'll all sold out till mid July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Shakugan

£499 and £599 for 16GB and 32GB simfree respectively. Only in UK though, and they'll all sold out till mid July.
    Dude this is boards.ie not .co.uk this is a thing for ireland!! I asked it here cause i wanted the price in EURO not POUNDS like!

Well it's not out here on Thursday! Get your facts right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

ireland won't see the iphone until the end of july start of august, and then it will be bill phone only for awhile id imagine, so you are looking at roughly the same prices the 3gs was last year,

about €299 with an 18 month contract @ €40 a month,

or in august/september around €519/€619 pay as you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shakugan wrote: »
    Dude this is boards.ie not .co.uk this is a thing for ireland!! I asked it here cause i wanted the price in EURO not POUNDS like!

Don't be so rude. The phone has not been officially announced for Ireland yet. There is no official price. There is only the US contract prices, the UK contract prices and the UK sim free prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got to feel the love :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Shakugan wrote: »
    How much is it gonna be when it comes out on thursday...

If ya have to ask you can't afford it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Supposed to be coming out this weekend according to woman in o2 shop.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Please keep the personal insults off boards, please.

Please keep the personal insults off boards, please.

Yep, have edited post now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The rest of the world must have got it wrong then.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

haha, how do these ppl get jobs? surely they would have been given an information session to combat the million iPhone4 questions they will be getting when everyone sees happy UK customers with their shiny ne gadgets and wonders why we can't get them here.

we haven't even gotten the iPad yet... and thats old news at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

we haven't even gotten the iPad yet... and thats old news at this stage...

So true, I'd like for once that we actually get things released at the same time as the rest of the world... come on iPhone 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The 4 seems to be on sale in China for the last month at ezonebest.com

Dear sir
    Thank you for your letter and we are pleased to answer your questions.
    All products on our website are originally new and of good quality.The iPhone 4 is unlocked and can well work in your country.We will deliver the item to you with a certificate of origin and you can share two year international warranty in your country.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other problem about our company.
    Bestwishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You can buy the 3GS 8Gb from Thursday from the Irish Apple Store for €499 sim free.

That's the only iPhone being released in Ireland on Thursday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've got a 3GS and downloaded 4.0 yesterday... how the hell do i multitask??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

Whilst in an application, if you double press the home button you can then switch to a different app without closing the current one and reopening a new one from your home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bear in mind that not all apps support multitasking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

seamus wrote: »

That lists the 3GS at 519 compared to 499 on the Irish store so maybe 609 and 619

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 PumpkinPR

Hi my friend works in o2
    she said when the phone is here more than likely the last week of july it will be more expensive than when tthe 3gs was realeased for exapmlt

at the moment 16gb on 3gs is 519 euros
    so the smallest iphone 4 is obviously 32gb.. its rumoured to be roughly 730 euro

on billpay @ 60 euro per month
    id reckon the handset will cost about 280

APPERANTLY the prices of the 3gs WONT be reduced when iphone 4 arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

ur friend in 02 doesnt know alot, the iphone 4 only comes in 16gb and 32gb
    the same as the 3gs

guil wrote: »
    ur friend in 02 doesnt know alot, the iphone 4 only comes in 16gb and 32gb
    the same as the 3gs

was talking to a nice lady yesterday on 1909 - I played dumb acting as if I wanted a upgrade to new 3GS now, as in today.

Silver upgrade - same as "walk in prices" 199euro for 16gb, 299 for 32gb.

I dropped down from Gold upgrade because i've reduced my bill from 120euro to 40euro a month by swtiching my friends/family to O2 (nice to know that working as a vigilante salesperson isn't paying off!)

iPhone4 - she said they have received no information whatsoever "on the ground" about the new iPhone, but that they expect SOME stock end of July, she said probably only the half of the pre-orders will be fulfilled, with priority given to current O2 billpay customers.

She also hinted that they expect the new iPhone4 to be "nearly" the same price, but could be upto 50euro more expensive per model. ie. 16gb - 249euro, 32gb - 349euro. She expects the 3GS 8gb to be 149euro.

All the way through the conversation she absolutely advised me to wait for the new iPhone 4, she would barely talk to me at all about giving me a 3GS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

PumpkinPR wrote: »
    on billpay @ 60 euro per month
    id reckon the handset will cost about 280
    Given the new competition in the market I doubt they'll be upping their minimum tariff by €15-€20.
    iPhone4 - she said they have received no information whatsoever "on the ground" about the new iPhone, but that they expect SOME stock end of July, she said probably only the half of the pre-orders will be fulfilled, with priority given to current O2 billpay customers.
    What pre-orders are these?

Actually - never mind. O2 staff members are the most unreliable source of information around. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Dades wrote: »
    Given the new competition in the market I doubt they'll be upping their minimum tariff by €15-€20.

Actually - never mind. O2 staff members are the most unreliable source of information around. :p

My best mate is the manager in CPW..............i'm getting the 1st one in the store or he dies:D

Not so much of a pre-order, but more of a threat on his life !

Dades wrote: »

Preorders, as in, when the iPhone4 is announced on O2, they'll begin pre-orders a week before the thing hits the shops, they expect (hypothetically) to be able to fulfil only 1,000 phones if they get 2,000 preorders - I dont know the actual estimates obviously! I was just shocked that under no circumstance was she gunna advise me to get the 3GS, you'd think they would be selling off stock!

I know tomorrow i'll be sick that some people have them.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

Don't know if this is a trustworthy site or not, but the prices seem too good to be true. :confused:

ezonebest.com

Appears that the iPhone 4 is already available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

why did you post that reference twice? Do you work for them? Sounds very dodgy to me.

cheers
    old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't know if this is a trustworthy site or not, but the prices seem too good to be true. :confused:

ezonebest.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Preorders, as in, when the iPhone4 is announced on O2, they'll begin pre-orders a week before the thing hits the shops, they expect (hypothetically) to be able to fulfil only 1,000 phones if they get 2,000 preorders - I dont know the actual estimates obviously! I was just shocked that under no circumstance was she gunna advise me to get the 3GS, you'd think they would be selling off stock!
    What I'm asking is - where did you get the impression O2 were going to do pre-orders?
    We all remember the "pre-order" disaster last year.

You can't upgrade online and supposedly upgrade customers are going to be looked after.

old_aussie wrote: »
    ezonebest.com

Might as well flush your cash down the drain.

I note a Western Union logo on the front page. Avoid at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/tesco-mobile-announces-cheapest-uk-iphone-4-tariffs-yet/

Tesco mobile just released an excellent iPhone tariff in the UK.

If only Ireland had similar!

Advertisement