Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting out fees for Masters after Grant Approval?

Options
  • 21-06-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

If anyone could help me with this it would be amazing. After a year out from college I'm going back to do a Masters. I'm pretty confident that I'll get my grant and approved for the full fees, but they don't cover the whole fees as they are nearly a grand more than the cut-off point. This is grand, but what I don't really get is how do I go aboutpaying the fees if I do get approved. This concerns me because the fees have to be paid in full before I can register in Sep.

Is it just a case of going in to the college when I get word from the Grant Body and sorting it out or is there more involved?

Sorry if it seems a bit random, but there is not much information with regards to this and I'd say alot of people end up in this scenario as alot of Masters do go over their allowance.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I just took my letter in from my VEC confirming they were paying and that was sufficient at registration. In your case they may ask you for the difference there and then? Most colleges will 'insist' on fees being paid in full at registration but half my class didn't pay theirs 'til they were threatened with not being allowed to graduate (i.e. 13 months later!).

But yeah, the letter is sufficient. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 deise8

Hi could some one please clarify for me a concern I have regarding a grant...i made a late application literally two days before the closing date (july 1st) for a taught 12 month masters, the fees of which are close on €5,000....however it is only today I am beginning to fill out the student grant application form...my concern is if i get offered a place long before I get acknowledgment on whether my application has been approved for a grant, what do i do...as I cannot afford to pay the fees myself...Generally if you accept a place do you have to pay the fees soon after? I am afraid I will be in a position of accepting a place to have to later turn it down based on not having applied for a grant prior to applying for the masters..

i hope it makes sense to the readers...very distressed graduate..

Advertisement