Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Me

Options
  • 21-06-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya peeps. Have a question.
    Ive damaged my own confidence: Ive focused on other peoples successes and criticised them, while ignoring MY LIFE.Ive learnt to complain rather then achieve.
    It only happened in the last 2years. And Im looking to turn it around. Im fresh outta secondary school and looking for guidance. How can I turn my life around to the extent where im actually happy instead of watching others? I wanna live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Set goals and take steps to achieve them. If you make a mistake, it doesn't mean you've failed. It just means you're human. Don't focus on mistakes either. Use the mistake to inform future decisions instead.

This all takes time. Some of the most difficult things you've ever had to do (eg learning to walk and talk) took years and lots of mistakes and tears. The same with anything you will tackle as a nineteen year old/adult. So don't get frustrated if you don't see results over night.

You might look at some people now and think they're really successful, getting all the attention etc. You really learn a lot in your twenties, and the guy/girl who's really popular/successful now might not be so by the time they reach the end of their twenties. Follow your own path.

Finally, have the time of your life! Twenties can be crazy, but there're so many opportunities ahead of you, all you have to do is reach out and grab them : )

Advertisement