Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Universe

Options
  • 21-06-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I know this one's aimed at kids, but I gave the Beta a try over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. It's just so relaxing to mess around with. It kind of plays like a more basic version of the Zelda games, or at least the art design is very much ilke it.

I'm not too far into it, but it's one of those games that are perfect for completionists as you get a list of achievements you can get that involve finding certain things or killing a certain amount of other things etc, but you can't do them all to begin with and have to go off and get extra skills then come back to the earlier levels (just like the Zelda games).

And the there's lots of mini games, like a fairly good mariokart style race game and some survival games and foot races etc, that'll keep you busy. It's not a particularly hard game, but then again, it is aimed at kids. And since it's in Beta, there's a few bugs, most notably in the car races where you may wni, but the game won't accept it, so you have to race again.

There's also the building side of it. You get to build a rocket to fly from zone to zone, and you also build cars to race. And after a couple of levels you get your own land to build a home or whatever you want in it (which is sadly very tedious and not really well explained).

So, if you get a chance, I recommend giving this a try. I got in the beta off of Fileplanet and don't really know when it ends (I probably should have read the email, but I'm lazy like that).

Advertisement