Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra SXI Stuttering Problem

Options
  • 21-06-2010 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my 2008 1.3 Diesel Astra SXI (6 Speed) and I'm wondering if anybody on here has experienced a similar issue.

While driving it begins to stuttering -- it feels like it may be something along the lines of dirty diesel but it's not as it has happened numerous times. It's hard to find a word to describe the issue, skipping, jumping, stuttering and I've also heard Kangarooing!

It happened about 14 months ago and the garage where I bought it ran diagnostics but saw nothing. It's begun happening periodically over the last few months -- may happen some days and not others.

I've also noticed that when it happens the car is very easy to cut out when reversing out of anywhere unless you keep the revs up. The rev counter is another thing you'll notice when the car is idle -- it runs strong and sometimes just bounces up and down.

I've booked it into a garage again on Thursday but after reading some articles on other forums I'm pessimistic about them finding anything. I've seen the issue mentioned elsewhere and it isn't showing up on diagnostics or there aren't any dashboard lights coming on.

Any help/suggestions or comments from people who have had a similar issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Is it under warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LongWayToTipp

2 Year Warranty -- but the issue was reported before the two years were up. Not exactly sure where I stand there, I just want to get the problem solved as it's getting annoying.

Advertisement