Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghillie Hood

Options
  • 21-06-2010 4:55pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a ghillie hood (hood and shoulders, not full suit) and a rifle wrap? Anyone local stock them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Webtex Concealment Vest http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/web-tex_concealment_vest/ Its basically a cloak you put over yourself and then stuff with whatever you like :) Very light and very easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I am getting the impression we could be seeing you out moderating the opposing forces soon?

I think Alan from the camo shop has something like that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im doing a "sneaky peaky" course so if you see me its game over ;-)

Who is this Alan and where is his Cammo Shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Rew wrote: »
    Im doing a "sneaky peaky" course so if you see me its game over ;-)

Who is this Alan and where is his Cammo Shop?

http://www.thecamoshop.ie/

They have quite a good catalog (offline) of anything you could need.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I know Toy Soldiers in the North here do them. As I have one I've just bought that's sitting there waiting to be picked up.
    May not be showing in stock on their website though, but they just got fresh stock of them on Friday / Saturday. So perhaps best contacting him directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Silent Death

You can easily make it yourself, use a boonie and attach some netting and ghillie and let the net out to the ideal length, do the same for a top.

ASI Casper wrote: »
    I know Toy Soldiers in the North here do them. As I have one I've just bought that's sitting there waiting to be picked up.
    May not be showing in stock on their website though, but they just got fresh stock of them on Friday / Saturday. So perhaps best contacting him directly.

I got stuff from Toy Soldiers, worked out very very well, extremely effective without being restrictive/snaggy. Toy Soldiers were top notch to deal with as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Yeah, I got mine now too. Got the back panel for it too. I'm rather impressed with it, but I've yet to try it 'in the field'.

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Yeah, I got mine now too. Got the back panel for it too. I'm rather impressed with it, but I've yet to try it 'in the field'.

A few of us used the head and shoulders on a sniper stalk and had it worked very well. The DS's were falling over guys or not realising they were right beside them until they fire their shots. At night I had a fella come right up to me at night lean down about a foot from my face then walk on!! Under NV it blends well with the background and has good IR absorption.

The back panel is combined with the version 2 shoulders is quite long, down to my ankles, I didn't bother with it but useful to have the option. Moving though forest you have to be careful of snags, of the the hood and it can be hard to keep out of your eyes but thats to be expected. Works well with webbing, vests and days sacks.

Advertisement