Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Options
  • 21-06-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Following on from the great O2 thread - see below for VF customers to opt out of contract.

Perfect Choice Access Plus and signed up before 25th of March 2010.

You will be told you can be free to change provider and not face termination charges or cancel you account and lose phone number but I am not sure how accurate that is.

I would have thought you sould be able to opt out of contract and go on a month by month basis but they were not happy to let me do that.

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/customernotices/index.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Damn I signed up on the 2nd of june :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

All I understand from this is they won't be carrying over your unused data... O2 are changing call charges which is much more of an issue, no?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ricky91t wrote: »
    All I understand from this is they won't be carrying over your unused data... O2 are changing call charges which is much more of an issue, no?

Its not done in degrees of change. Once they want to change your contract, they have to let you out of it, no matter how insignificant it may seem. I remember the good old days when VF used to carry over your minutes and texts every month. They did carry over data on the ISP plan that I just finished up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Voda are saying u can cancel.

Also benefits blackberry users

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its not done in degrees of change. Once they want to change your contract, they have to let you out of it, no matter how insignificant it may seem. I remember the good old days when VF used to carry over your minutes and texts every month. They did carry over data on the ISP plan that I just finished up.

They told me it didn't amount to a contractual change cos I don't carry data over anyway :( Shame I was hoping to get a few extras added like I did on my O2 account for my other phone;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

whiterebel wrote: »

I know that, But this thread titled get out of contract seems a bit of an over kill, as it's quite insignificant compared to o2's change.

That was my point, It might just cause a lot of panic over something that isn't huge. Just how I felt when I read the changes...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I know that, But this thread titled get out of contract seems a bit of an over kill, as it's quite insignificant compared to o2's change.

That was my point, It might just cause a lot of panic over something that isn't huge. Just how I felt when I read the changes...

Not overkill, and not insignificant. Its a contractual change. For the length of the contract, you expect any unused data to transfer to the next month, now they won't, saving them money. They are changing it for their benefit, and you don't have to accept it. probably will be nowhere near the scale of the issue that O2 have, but same principal applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Just as valid as the o2 thread. The point, and the only point that matters, is that you can terminate your contract without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anneboleyn wrote: »
    They told me it didn't amount to a contractual change cos I don't carry data over anyway :( Shame I was hoping to get a few extras added like I did on my O2 account for my other phone;)

It shouldn't matter if you haven't done so in the past as it actually takes away your right to do it in the future. I would get back on to them if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

they are being really sticky with me and still have not got out. Am waiting for a call back but I may go to another operator and see can they request my number ported over.

I just want to leave VF as I find them terrible, 3g intermittent, website hopeless, dropping calls etc.

At least their agents are very good at saying sorry but they are well used too that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Pity that anyone that bought an Iphone with them could only get it on the 25th or after so it doesnt apply to them :(

Advertisement