Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time of day to fish?

Options
  • 21-06-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

It's been years since i went fishing, but the good weather has got me thinking that a one day fishing trip down the west coast could be a nice way to spend the day!:D

So just have a few Q's, whats the best time of day to fish?(i always thought it was dusk, just my experience though)

At what tide?(never knew this one, but im sure its important)

Also was thinking of using rag as bait, would this be the best all round bait? for a variety of fish

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Also meant to add, for sea fishing:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It's a big subject.
    I suppose you have to learn your fish species and fish when they feed.
    In some cases you have to fish when they visit the place you plan to fish.
    For example a shallow beach in bright weather is going to fish best at night, but a rocky mark wit deep water might fish equally good day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

I was planning on fishing of rocks, was thinking of going to Baltimore in West Cork, to a place where there was a mini fjord, last time i was there (10 years +ago) there was great fishing there, only caught pollock though:D

Advertisement