Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan

Options
  • 20-06-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Has anyone had any experience applying for a student loan recently?
    I applied for one with AIB (I have a contract for a job which I'm starting in a few months so I have an income coming soon) and they are basically saying to me "We really dont want to give you anything" and are making me jump through hoops to get anything. Are all the banks the same at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Around April I think it was I got a loan of the BOI in Sligo IT, literally went in said i wanted a loan, they swiped my card said my account is healthy and told me to come in the next day to sign for it and I had it then in a couple of days with no hassle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maccy

How much were you looking for can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Somewhere around the grand mark, nothing too substantial now, 9 months interest free as well so it is which is quite handy now i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Read from the students bible, i think it was in the book of overdrafts somewhere ;)

Advertisement