Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website builders offering SEO Friendly Sites but....

Options
  • 20-06-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

........ when I look at them with my SEO goggles (not googles) on a lot of them are making basic SEO build/site friendly mistakes within their own sites,

• Lack of SEO emphasis in the page title
    • Over emphasis on the now nearly defunct META Tags (although they have their uses)
    • Lack of correct use of ALT text or no ALT text whatsover
    • No headers or bold/underline emphasis
    • Not built by category/main product/service
    • No mention of keyword research
    • No mention of content - SE's loooooovvveee good content
    • SE's still dont really like Flash, Frames, iframes or loads of javascripts with the source code
    • The amount of text on a page and location of keywords
    • Some dont even mention a Links Campaign!
    • Nor do they mention the amount of work you have to and procedures to change to keep (your main marketing tool?) site on page one!
    OK they will build you a gorgeous website, but will it be found?

Maybe they advocate Adwords?

Is it only me - or am I missing something?

Cheers
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭dotcom13

Hi Paul, good ideas there, what do you mean by:

'no mention of content?'
    and
    a links campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Hi dotcom13

1. Unique/original and great content is king with the search engines. There is a debate over the max amount of words to be used but it is important to use your keyphrases in an SEO way that appeals to the search engines. But at the same time ensuring that your content reads well for Joe and Jenny Surfer.

2. A links campaign is the hard slog on getting your own site linked from other (kind of) relevant wesbites. You can add yourself to online directories relevant to your trade and marketplace, target other synergetic companies for link exchanges while telling them the text you want to use for your link! You may also want to push out an article, get your site added by your buddies to delicious, their sites, blogs and the likes. Then there's facebook, twitter, youtube, link from blogs and loads more. It's a slog and should not be ignored as the more links you have from dynamic and popular website you have, the more the search engines think you are important - and here to stay! It takes time to find and get ur links added, then it takes time for them spiders to scurry around and find them links.....but don't ignore this!

Cheers Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 francophile

Content, content, content and backlinks, backlinks, backlinks is the mantra.

Good relevant content will attract backlinks.

Get backlinks from quality sites (preferably on your theme)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Content, content, content and backlinks, backlinks, backlinks is the mantra.

Good relevant content will attract backlinks.

Get backlinks from quality sites (preferably on your theme)

Hi francophile

I think you posted the above in the wrong thread :)

Advertisement