Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider catcher - where to buy?

Options
  • 20-06-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

(Not sure if this should just be in After Hours, but this is the best category under Home & Garden I can find)

Any idea where I can buy one of those spider catcher thingies that used to be around a couple of years ago? Either a specific shop in Dublin, or even what type of place would sell them?

There used to be a gadget shop on Jervis St that did them, but think that's gone.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've seen them in Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

My wife loves this type

http://www.buyabugbuster.co.uk

even though she can't stand spiders she prefers not to kill them.

(She never trusted the finger type catchers)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Seen them in Atlantic Homecare in Blanchardstown the weekend near the plant feed section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Thanks for the suggestions folks, ended up getting it from their website.
    Quite impressed with it, very simple idea but works very well. Was able to clear out the garden shed without a hoover-related massacre, and with a clear conscience :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

An empty yoghurt pot and a piece of card does just as well, and is a good deal cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

MOH wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions folks, ended up getting it from their website.
    Quite impressed with it, very simple idea but works very well. Was able to clear out the garden shed without a hoover-related massacre, and with a clear conscience :)

Seems surspiciously like you work for the company. Anyway ya was contacted about supplying them even got a sample sent over, thought they were a good product but for £9.99 way too expensive for just a piece of plastic with some bristles at the end. I mean 6.99 would be a much better price point for the product. I think thats the main problem with the product at the moment. They either need to lower their prices by taking a hit on profits or by finding a new manufacturer. I mean E9.99 seems ok for it but 14.99 is just completly out of wack. You always add postage and packaging on afterwards otherwise it just makes the product look very expensive, customers dont see the saving in free postage and packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I need to buy one of these as a present for an arachnophobe but can't seem to find one anywhere. Has anyone seen them for sale (anywhere around Dublin) recently ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Seems surspiciously like you work for the company.

Wow, you got me. My 3000+ previous posts were just building up a cover so I could shill this product on a thread with 8 responses :rolleyes:
    Air_Bass wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I need to buy one of these as a present for an arachnophobe but can't seem to find one anywhere. Has anyone seen them for sale (anywhere around Dublin) recently ?
    Cheers

Think I saw them in Woodies about a year ago, maybe €12 in store.
    Some of the other garden centre places might have them if you ring around.
    Or order online, although works out a bit dearer, and if it's for Christmas you mightn't have it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Air_Bass

Thanks MOH, I got one in Woodies today €9.99.
    Now all I need is a spider to try it out on :eek:
    Cheers for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement