Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Up Brushes

Options
  • 20-06-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

Was just wondering if anyone knew of good make up brushes?
    I don't want to spend a fortune, as I prefer to spend more on the make up, so cheap ones that'll do the job.

Was thinking about getting a 25 peice set on Ebay, but not sure if that'd be a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No, those are generally a bad idea. They will probably break and don't have very good application. I would try to save up for good brushes as they will last forever. If you do a search though, a few peole have recommended cheaper brands which are decent before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hi OopsyDaisy, crownbrush.com and coastalscents.com have very good brush sets for really good value. They have different types of sets and sell brushes individually so you'll be spoiled for choice. Really good quality with very little hair loss, strong handles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Thanks Pythia and SexyD4Lady!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I wanna get MAC brushes, seen a site that does it cheap enough but not sure if they are the real deal or not.

http://www.brush111.com/product_164.html

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I wanna get MAC brushes, seen a site that does it cheap enough but not sure if they are the real deal or not.

http://www.brush111.com/product_164.html

What do you think?

Fake. Expect to pay approx 30e per brush for real ones. 30 x 24 isn't anywhere near 63 unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd recommend buying just 2-3 good brushes from a brand like MAC - go for the idea of quality over quantity. Later you can build up to more brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 harlot

http://make-up.ie/ these brushes are great. Made from same hair as the Mac etc and a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My foundation brush is by a brand called QVS. I bought it in Superdrug, but as far as I know Dunnes do this brand as well. It was about €8 and it's very good. I have it about 6 months, wash it once or twice a week and no hairs have fallen out of it yet!
    I have an eyeshadow brush from The Body Shop. Not sure how much it is now as mine is a few years old, maybe about €12 or 13 I'd say? Anyway, I'd recommend their brushes too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Sephora have a sale in 2 weeks and their brushes are always 70% off. (if you have a friend in US or France).

Otherwise ive heard "sigma make up" brushes are like MAC but only about 80 euro for a set of brushes.

the ones on ebay are cheap fake ones. dont buy any make up products on ebay...i did and it was waste of time as ended up throwing everything in bin as the quality was woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hey, Coastel Scents do pretty decent brush sets for great prices I would definately recommend them if you are looking for affordable good brushes.

Also I would like to add that http://brush111.com is fake!!! Don't be tricked if you're looking for cheap MAC forget it just buy the real deal. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 8BlueBubbles

I have the sigma brushes and I love them but they are kind of expensive for a full set... If you were trying to stick below the E50 price range they have a travel size set that is less expensive that you could try maybe?
    Also, when you get the 7.50 off No7 vouchers maybe try some of their brushes? I like the standard foundation and kabuki style ones.
    I agree with the previous comments that it is worth saving and buying quality brushes because if you look after them you really will have them for years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cottz

Im a makeup artist, and believe that brushes are just as important as the makeup. If you want to get brushes and dont want to spend alot of money, just start building a collection, buy a new brush every week or month :)

Face brushes from ebay and all those other sites are not worth even the low price, they will shed, and apply your make up badly.

I recommend the obvious like MAC however sigma are a cheaper alternative and there brushes are excellent quality. U can get a set of 12 without a brush role for about 60euros from their site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cottz

cottz wrote: »
    Im a makeup artist, and believe that brushes are just as important as the makeup. If you want to get brushes and dont want to spend alot of money, just start building a collection, buy a new brush every week or month :)

Face brushes from ebay and all those other sites are not worth even the low price, they will shed, and apply your make up badly.

I recommend the obvious like MAC however sigma are a cheaper alternative and there brushes are excellent quality. U can get a set of 12 without a brush role for about 60euros from their site :)

Also forgot to mention www.eyeslipsface.co.uk their studio brushes are fine for the regular user they sent me a few of them and I dont have anything to say bad about them and they are so cheap, alot better quality than any mac or BB fakes online

Advertisement