Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of contract - What to do?

Options
  • 20-06-2010 6:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I've recently come out of my contract with O2. I have an iPhone 3GS and I am on the lowest tariff (approx €40 per month)

Now that I am out of contract I want to get the best value. As I now have a company phone I never use either the text or phone feature of the iPhone only the internet/email on it so it would be 99.9% data usage. I do use it for incoming calls though but never use it for outgoing.

What is the cheapest option available to me the keep the iPhone like this? I really only need a data option if there is one available. Vodafone have no service where I live so that option is out and I'm not sure of the service locally of 3 or Meteor but I can check that easily enough. Do either of them have packages that would match or beat O2? I'm particularly interested in 3 as I travel abroad from time to time so could use the iPhone without roaming on a 3 network abroad, couldn't I?

Yhe phone is jaolbrolken as well if that makes any difference and I currently use it tethered to my laptop a lot as well. Could I do this abroad with 3 as well?

Lots of questions and I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

meteor bill pay lite

10 euro per month

50 minutes
    50 texts

then add 10gig data allowance for 15 euro per month

so for 25 euro you'll have 50 mins, 50 texts and 10gig data.

pretty hard to beat imo. but you mentioned vodafone doesn't have coverage where you are so it's doubtful meteor will too.

meteor beat o2 with a giant trout.

look at metor's bill pay lite options, all are 1 month rolling contracts and all beat the similar o2 iphone plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

meteor bill pay lite

10 euro per month

50 minutes
    50 texts

then add 10gig data allowance for 15 euro per month

so for 25 euro you'll have 50 mins, 50 texts and 10gig data.

pretty hard to beat imo. but you mentioned vodafone doesn't have coverage where you are so it's doubtful meteor will too.

meteor beat o2 with a giant trout.

look at metor's bill pay lite options, all are 1 month rolling contracts and all beat the similar o2 iphone plans.
    Forgot to mention free meteor to meteor txts

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Best of Both 15 on Three w/1GB addon for €25

90 Minutes
    Unlimted Texts
    1GB data

Advertisement