Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio apps and 1gb data plans?

Options
  • 20-06-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Was wondering does anyone listen to streaming radio apps over 3g and how much data it uses.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

I use google Listen and BBC BrowseCast to listen to BBC - it seems to be about 25MB for a half hour show.

I'd be interested to hear what other peoples experience is from other sources - i've been using wifi for downloading, but can foresee a time when i might want to listen over the 3g connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I used Last.FM the other day going to work, about 30 minutes, it used about 40MB of data. There is an option to stream lower quality when on 3G, i didn't have that option set...

In my head i was thinking, an average mp3 is 4-5MB at normal quality, and about 3-5 minutes, and it seemed to fit roughly with what i experienced....

Advertisement