Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vegas 9- Make a video come into focus

Options
  • 20-06-2010 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hey. I'm pretty novice with SV9 and was hoping if I could get some help. I'm trying to make a video start from not being focused (kinda blurry) and then coming into focus.
    If someone could post the path to the effect would be appreciated :D
    Thanks vegas kings :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There are several differnet effects that can get it, the hard part is choosing which one you want.

First, select the part in the video you want the effect to happen by splitting it. to do this, click where the effect will start and press S or split from the edit options. (You don't have to do this as the start of the clip is where you are putting in the effect.

Next select the end of where the effect will finish, (i.e. when it will come into focus) and again split the video here

Go to Video FX > Gassion Blur and there are a few differnet ones in there. just click & drag the one you want and put it on the video clip you have split

Now for the slightly tricky but still fairly easy part.

In my example I have the start of the video split at 15 seconds as you can see.

At the start off the video, set the blur to 100% or whatever amount you want. Then move the slider to the end of the file (15 seconds) and click the little plus icon to add a keyframe

Then change the blur to 0%

What this is doing is telling sony vegas to start the clip with 100% blur and slowley fade into normal until 15 seconds when it will be clear and your main video will start.

Hope this helps :)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8236/addingblurtallon3940066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Thanks! :D
    That was really easy to follow

You can have a look at my 'masterpiece'
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Perfect :)

Advertisement