Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery or Thank Me Later??

Options
  • 20-06-2010 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

so any thoughts as to which is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I've been listening to both a lot over the last week and a half or so, hard to say one is better than the other because both sound so different. I prefer Eminem when I'm in the gym but Drake when I'm in the car. Recovery is just so full of energy, lyrics are so fast paced, sounds like he's bouncing of the walls in some parts whereas Drake is cool as you like, much easier to listen to and much more chilled out.

I think Recovery impressed me more because his last two albums were woeful (IMO) and I had my doubts about this one but after listening to it all I was thinking is Eminem is back on top of his game, he couldn't have done a better job. With TML, I really liked it, the one or two songs I didnt like grew on me and I definitely think it's a solid album, it works very well but I think the best is yet to come from Drake.

If I had to choose one right now it would probably be Recovery but I could wake up in the morning and say Thank Me Later. It's been a good week music-wise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Recovery easily. Not really near Em's best but still a nice album.

Thank Me Later is pretty bland. I notice a lot of people saying the best is yet to come from Drake, well I hope so, he hasn't got that much to improve on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How I Got Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

I actually get sick in my mouth a little bit everytime i think how much ****e people are gonna talk about the likes of The Game, eminem and your man drake when they something new on the way; when the roots have yet another fcuking MASTERPIECE out.... for shame the fcukin lot if yis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Yea, haven't heard it yet, but I'll vote the roots! Have they ever disappointed, send the how I got over song its the ****!

Listened to some recovery, seems a bit off or something. Then again, I had more our less gone off eminem since encore, maybe its just getting a bit old hearing a 37 year old rapping about kicking women in their private parts, and his new inspirational outlook just doesn't seem convincing. But then again, could be just I'm not used to the new style - it was the same with Jay-z. I hated on blueprint 3 like a mother ****er, but ended up liking a lot of it once I gave it a chance.

As for drake, won't be listening to that at all. Anything I've heard so far seems straight up r&b, except for one doing that itunes were giving away free last week, which could have been alright, except I realised how whingy his voice sounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

While it has some OK songs, is very one paced. I hate Drakes voice. Thank Me Later... more like no thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jessup1

havent listend to drakes album fully, but what i hear i like. but i dont think hes a great rapper. good songs tho.

REcovery is a great album but all the songs are a bit similar cos theyre all fast paced. but stil great tho. much better than the last 2 albums which he says himself in a few songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

i would have to say TML, don't know where all the abuse is coming from?? i think Drake is a great rapper, just the way he says things so easy, it's brilliant! listen to "thank me later", "karaoke", ''9AM In Dallas'', best song IMO..:D

eminem on the other has 1 or 2 really good songs, but I don't think he's back to his best, unfortnaely:( "25 to life" and "not afraid" are good, but not great

Advertisement