Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Tunes

Options
  • 19-06-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me Im thinking due to me been broke that for fathers day I will sort out my dads i-phone and newly purchased i-pad with songs from I tunes

Is there a way that he can have his own library with just his songs seperate to my library ? If so how do i set this up?

He wants to have his own I Tunes and has been at me for weeks to set this up. Is there a way I can get the songs that he would like out of my library and into a library with just his type of music?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Disable automatic syncing of both devices with itunes.
    Create a playlist just for him. Drag and drop it onto each device.

You could probably only have each device sync with that particular playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Is there any other way of doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's not possible to have to accounts the same way you have accounts logging into windows / OSX, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

You could create a 2nd account on your computer for login to windows just for your dad s so when your computer boots it comes to a login screen and you are presented with usernames so if ur dad picks his account he s brought into his own desktop, from there he will have his own empty iTunes so you are starting afresh there And could build his own playlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Easy, if your on a pc, hold shift and double Click the iTunes icon (click a blank space on the desktop twice to clear any other selection).

A box will come up asking you to select an iTunes library, create a new one or cancel. You want to create a new one. This library is now completely separate to yours, you are free to import what ever songs or other media you want, be it the same or different to your own. If you want to import the songs already in your library, they are located in your music folder.

The only thing about this is that you must "think" before you open iTunes, you can't just double click the icon etc. You must hold shift every time and choose either your library or your fathers, he must do the same. Once you get in the habit of it, it's easy.

You could do what jamesd said, which makes the actual opening of itunes easier, but other tasks such as sharing documents etc much harder if you both aren't very technically literate. Also the initial setup is a bit harder doing jamesd's way. It's really up to you what way you do it, just laying the pros and cons

One last thing, if your on a Mac, hold option not shift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement