Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SABB wiring and functionality

Options
  • 19-06-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I have a HKC SABB and am wiring it back to an "oddball" security panel.

I'm unfamiliar with alarm system terminology and don't have access to a more "standard" panel to check out my theory.
    I'm trying to figure out how to interface to the panel. This is what I'm guessing, please let me know if I'm mistaken:

SABB Strobe + 12V from panel in normal state, pulled to GND during alarm
    SABB Strobe - Common from panel at all times
    SABB Hold(BHO) 12V from panel at all times (power to SABB)
    SABB Ext Bell + 12V from panel in normal state, pulled to GND during alarm
    SABB Ext Bell - Common from panel at all times
    Tamper 12V from SABB in normal state, open cct when tampered

Any knowledgeable input would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Vertical

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

SABB Strobe + 12V from panel always
    SABB Strobe - Switches to negetive in alarm state
    SABB Hold(BHO) Permanant neg - (if dropped activates SABB via battery)
    SABB Ext Bell + 12V from panel always
    SABB Ext Bell - Switches to negetive in alarm state
    Tamper 12 - Probably Tamp return returns neg to panel with spectifed resistence required by the panel

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

What is the panel your trying to get it to work on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vertical

Thanks Koolkid, that worked a treat for both siren and strobe. The siren keeps sounding for about 5-10 seconds after the alarm has been cleared, but thats no problem.

I have one puzzling thing though: When not in alert state the SABB leds don't flash periodically, they don't do anything (unlit). Not a big problem unless someone thinks its a dummy box. Any ideas?

Altor, its a system with 12V O/Ps for siren. To mimic a normal Irish alarm functionality I needed to use change-over interface relays to pull SABB Ext/Strobe - signals from 12V to common when there is an alarm state.

Thanks again,
    Vertical

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure the BHO has a permanant negetive.
    When in a stanby state you should have 12 vdc between SABB+ & BHO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Vertical wrote: »
    Thanks Koolkid, that worked a treat for both siren and strobe. The siren keeps sounding for about 5-10 seconds after the alarm has been cleared, but thats no problem.

I have one puzzling thing though: When not in alert state the SABB leds don't flash periodically, they don't do anything (unlit). Not a big problem unless someone thinks its a dummy box. Any ideas?

Altor, its a system with 12V O/Ps for siren. To mimic a normal Irish alarm functionality I needed to use change-over interface relays to pull SABB Ext/Strobe - signals from 12V to common when there is an alarm state.

Thanks again,
    Vertical

Does the panel not provide 12v ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread moved to the new Home security systems forum

Advertisement