Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple In Poland?

Options
  • 19-06-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm going to be in Poland in a few weeks and someone mentioned its a good place to pick up electronics (Not a great source, could be very wrong) I have a few Apple devices (Mac, iPhone etc) and was hoping if they are somewhat cheaper in Poland to pick them up while I'm over there. I had a quick look on apple.com/pl but they don't have an online store. Seems to be all resellers / dealers. There is a mention of a Apple store but nothing concrete at the moment.

Anyone have any experience in Poland? Best place to buy etc?

Also, on a side note, are there any release dates for the iPad / iPhone 4 for greater Europe?

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Most cities in Poland have the equivilant of CombuB apple retail stores. The prices aren't a million miles away from here, which leads me to wonder how the hell people afford them over there. I go to Poland 3/4 times a year, and while there are affluent people who drive nice cars, the majority are still on 3/400 euro a month wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

How much would one expect to pay for an iphone in Poland based on the low wages of a majority? Would not be fair charging them 600 euro for an iphone. I would like to assume half then compared to here but I dunno...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mondeo wrote: »
    How much would one expect to pay for an iphone in Poland based on the low wages of a majority? Would not be fair charging them 600 euro for an iphone. I would like to assume half then compared to here but I dunno...

As per previous post, Apple stuff is never that much cheaper, certainly in a Eurozone country. the US can make a fair difference if the rate is good, same with sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

whiterebel wrote: »
    As per previous post, Apple stuff is never that much cheaper, certainly in a Eurozone country. the US can make a fair difference if the rate is good, same with sterling.

Thank you for the replies folks. I sort of had that figured out as a MacBook, from a few sites I found, was roughly the same as here in Ireland / UK. It also is in keeping with most other Euro countries I've been to where Apple is similar pricing. The only cheaper place I have found is Spain. The iPad 16GB is about €60 cheaper than the UK. However, given the sterling at the moment, I'm going to wait for the Irish release.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ironclaw wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies folks. I sort of had that figured out as a MacBook, from a few sites I found, was roughly the same as here in Ireland / UK. It also is in keeping with most other Euro countries I've been to where Apple is similar pricing. The only cheaper place I have found is Spain. The iPad 16GB is about €60 cheaper than the UK. However, given the sterling at the moment, I'm going to wait for the Irish release.

Price is the same as Ireland in France, and I'm there in August, but just a bit worried in case they enforce the "service in country of purchase" warranty.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement