Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing in Galway

Options
  • 19-06-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Exactly what it says on the tin... I used to fish for Pike in Galway a few years ago but I kinda stopped, I'm getting back into now though. It must be noted from my past experiences Pike fishing in Galway was always generally poor, unless you have a boat.

I went out for a few hours fishing this evening in Moycullen, I fished on Ross Lake and Ballyquirke, not even a bite.... and I brought a pal too.

I've a few decent spots in different counties especially on the Shannon and I would consider myself a good Pike angler (I generally bag a few when I go to my favourite spots on the Shannon) but I've never really known an area in Galway where you could consistently catch a few Pike off the shore.

So does anybody have any advice on areas to fish? I've heard Ballindooley/Clare River/Menlo are decent, it doesn't matter if it's in the City or County. As long as there's Pike there..... also, I don't have a boat.

Thanks in advance for the help, I appreciate all advice/suggestions,

UTB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I understand some posters may not agree with the open naming of venues on here.

I always catch and release and use the appropriate gear. I'd even appreciate a PM giving me information on an area if you're not comfortable posting it.

Thanks again,

Regards,

UTB.

Advertisement