Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Mud Run

Options
  • 19-06-2010 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Was at the Munster Mud Run this morning in North Cork, great fun and plenty of chances for great photos. Many got into the spirit of the run and came along in fancy dress including one girl in a brides dress. Some pix are on www.editorialimages.ie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

great shots there pity it wasnt lashing outta the heavens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

If you're going to make threads like this you could at least post some inline images instead of trying to drive traffic to your site. These kind of threads are practically spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Where in north cork was it held?

charybdis wrote: »
    If you're going to make threads like this you could at least post some inline images instead of trying to drive traffic to your site. These kind of threads are practically spam.
    maybe he doesn,t know how to post images on here god help him :)

hoganpoly wrote: »
    maybe he doesn,t know how to post images on here god help him :)

He definitely does know how to post inline images; it's covered in the " FAQs - Read this before posting!!!" sticky that he certainly has read, given that he's posted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Deise Dan

tried to put up some pix but didn't have any luck. Was great to see so many get into the spirit of the race. It was held near Doneraile, close to a Hospital in a wooded area.

He definitely does know how to post inline images; it's covered in the " FAQs - Read this before posting!!!" sticky that he certainly has read, given that he's posted.
    Think you,ve been out in the sun too long ,go on have a lie down and it will all go away:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Think you,ve been out in the sun too long ,go on have a lie down and it will all go away:rolleyes:

Apostrophes are over on the right of your keyboard, usually sharing a key with the '@' symbol. They're Grrrreat!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

"Watermarks prove you care enough about your work to ruin it on your own oddly impotent terms." How To Use An Apostrophe

Get over your self, you would probably get all hot and bothered if he posted 20 images. Regading the use of watermarks: Some people try to make a liiving from their images and need to protect their work, others are happy to share -everyone to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Would have been better if you posted some of the better shots here IMO and a link, whatever though, Is it worth arguing about.

• Advertisement

Get over your self, you would probably get all hot and bothered if he posted 20 images.

Why do you think I would "get hot and bothered if he posted 20 images"?
    Regading the use of watermarks: Some people try to make a liiving from their images and need to protect their work, others are happy to share -everyone to their own.

The quote in my signature doesn't say "don't watermark your images", it says that watermarking your best images for sharing is an odd practice as it often amounts to an intentional degradation of the work in order to keep some notional thieves at bay but affects anyone who looks at it. People can watermark all they want, but I think it's impolite to ask of people's time to view your work and then to treat them like criminals.
    GavinZac wrote: »
    Apostrophes are over on the right of your keyboard, usually sharing a key with the '@' symbol. They're Grrrreat!

Stuff from my signature is getting a great outing in this thread! OK, now someone bring up W3C validation. (Although, the apostrophe key isn't always shared with the @ symbol, on many keyboards the @ and double quote keys are reversed.)

GavinZac wrote: »
    Good spot now have a rest after your junior cert ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MudRunIreland

Hey Dan,

there's some great pix there. Cracking day in the Ballyhouras, plenty of mud and sunshine. Roll on next year!

Was a great day, weather was perfect and everyone had fun. My 3 year old got into the spirit of things and started to shout 'jump' at the last Mud Pool, getting a great laugh out of the runners getting covered in mud. Should be huge next year once the word gets out. Well done to all the organizers. Putting a bit of fun into running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

the after the run pics were the best the huge smiles on adults covered in mud are hilarious

I'd have to agree, think they were relaxed after completing the course. Many were happy to finish the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Here's a pic of me after jumping into the last pool from the small hill :)

1jr6I.jpg

Ended up cutting myself pretty bad on that last muddle but didn't realise until I finished the race. Had to go to hospital afterwards but it was totally worth it

Deise Dan wrote: »
    Was at the Munster Mud Run this morning in North Cork, great fun and plenty of chances for great photos. Many got into the spirit of the run and came along in fancy dress including one girl in a brides dress. Some pix are on www.editorialimages.ie

That website is just throwing loads of javascript errors for me in all browsers, can't view any of the pics.

I'm not the most technical minded, so don't know why you are having problems. I just follow the instructions to upload photos. It's the first time anyone let me know of the problem. So I'd only be guessing a solution, so I can't be of help at the moment. Will check with a website designer later and see if he can make me any the wiser. Thanks for letting me know.

I managed to get it working on my home computers, but for some reason it was throwing errors on my work computers. I had a look through them, very good photos btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement