Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Dye

Options
  • 19-06-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

hey,

today I died my hair with Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL Red Passion Permanent dye, and I was wondering as to what the term 'permanent means'

will the die be gone once the hair is cut, as I really hate it or does it effect growing hair also?

and is it possible to dye over this colour with lets say, blonde?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

If they hair is cut then the dye will have to be gone off that part :P It fades quickly, orangey colour [this is the colour I put in my hair also] but it doesn't disappear. Dying over it with a lighter colour, such as blonde, probably won't happen. Permanent ones are very hard to get out of your hair - hence the term 'permanent'.

If you're unsure of whether or not you'll like the colour of the dye, then use a semi permanent one!

Dying over it with a darker colour would probably be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Permanent hair colourants mean they actually grow out. Semi permanent fades out after a few months. There are quad ones that wash out after a few washes too. So you're stuck with the colour till it grows out unless you put a darker one over it. I certainly wouldn't go lighter unless you get it done professionally, God knows what colour you'd come out otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

As a rule you should stick with the stage 2 dyes (thats the semi-permanent, 24 washes). Obviously because the colour washes out, but also because the colour turns out much better - they tend to be more accurate to the colour on the box, and hold their colour better. They're also much better for your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

If they hair is cut then the dye will have to be gone off that part :P It fades quickly, orangey colour [this is the colour I put in my hair also] but it doesn't disappear. Dying over it with a lighter colour, such as blonde, probably won't happen. Permanent ones are very hard to get out of your hair - hence the term 'permanent'.

If you're unsure of whether or not you'll like the colour of the dye, then use a semi permanent one!

Dying over it with a darker colour would probably be okay.

Thank you for the clarification, should only be a month or two before I can get it cut out, and I don't really fancy going a darker colour so might just stick it out.
    Permanent hair colourants mean they actually grow out. Semi permanent fades out after a few months. There are quad ones that wash out after a few washes too. So you're stuck with the colour till it grows out unless you put a darker one over it. I certainly wouldn't go lighter unless you get it done professionally, God knows what colour you'd come out otherwise.

In the future I think I will definitely try the non-permanent ones, and if I like the colour do perm, cheers.

The Cool wrote: »
    As a rule you should stick with the stage 2 dyes (thats the semi-permanent, 24 washes). Obviously because the colour washes out, but also because the colour turns out much better - they tend to be more accurate to the colour on the box, and hold their colour better. They're also much better for your hair.

Will do in the future, I think 24 washes is a pretty decent amount of time also probably 3 weeks or so (and it's also good that it's better for your hair as im sure the perm stuff is dreadful)

thanks above ;]

Sorry for the bump, but can't really stick it anymore it's a horrible colour :p!

Would it be okay if I died it again with a Brown? and If so any recommendation?

cheers,

Kev.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Have you tried colourB4? There is another thread on it somewhere here.

I tried it recently ( had a hair disaster) and it worked very well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kevin! wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump, but can't really stick it anymore it's a horrible colour :p!

Would it be okay if I died it again with a Brown? and If so any recommendation?

cheers,

Kev.

What colour is your hair naturally?

Dying with brown should do the trick but it will fade. Red is very hard to get rid of and will come through a small bit.

What colour is your hair naturally?

Dying with brown should do the trick but it will fade. Red is very hard to get rid of and will come through a small bit.

my hair is a darkish brown naturally, but I still want to get rid of the red

my hair is a darkish brown naturally, but I still want to get rid of the red

Go wild with a brown dye then!

mm, lol.

Would I best be going with ColorB4 or just trying a brown dye? considering I'm naturally dark brown and I applied 'Passion Red'

• Advertisement

mm, lol.

Would I best be going with ColorB4 or just trying a brown dye? considering I'm naturally dark brown and I applied 'Passion Red'

Natural Dark Brown

Just died it there with Garnier Nutrisse Creme 4.3 Cappuccino Dark Golden Brown and had no colour change really, lol.

still very red but just a little bit darker, o well!

Advertisement