Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Fly Fishing

Options
  • 19-06-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,

I'm looking to have a go at fly fishing down this area and was wondering if anybody had any experiences in the 2 trout fisheries (Adamstown area and Broadway)?

Any other ideas where to go in the area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

jim henderick guides bass fly fishing i have been meaning to have a go at this for ages ....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

i fish loch mahon during the off-season sometimes,some great fishing to be had with tough fighting rainbows.a great place to bring someone to learn to fish.extremely helpful staff also.
    i think its 20 euro a day,fish up to 9 lbs in the fly lake.
    but it is a flooded field,and it looks such.
    if you are after a more secluded setting and a more natural lake,try rathcon farm,in gragecon co wicklow,or 1 of the 3 resevoirs in waterford city area,which are well stocked with large rainbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shotgun_TEXAS

adamstown is best broadway is a bit open on a windy day makes fishing hard like everything i learnt it the hard way.
    gonna try bass on the fly. only have the rod a few months love it though.

on

Advertisement