Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So now that I'm getting the iPhone 4...

Options
  • 19-06-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

My wife will be getting my 3G. She will be using it on her laptop.

How do I keep all the apps I have on it for her to use when she syncs it on her laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I believe the apps are tied to your itunes account rather than the device. When I passed on my old iPhone to my wife I just spent a while going through apps of interest and installing them via her itunes account on her own laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Bluehair wrote: »
    I believe the apps are tied to your itunes account rather than the device. When I passed on my old iPhone to my wife I just spent a while going through apps of interest and installing them via her itunes account on her own laptop.

How do you mean? Did you have to sign in to iTunes on her laptop with your account and re download all the apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I have 3 iphones basically use the same itunes account and you can sync 5 iphones to it and have the same apps but you can have different backup profiles so :

Phone A: has all the apps, but different music,texts etc

Phone B : has all the app's etc etc

It is handy in a family as five people can use one account on different machines as long as they have the one account.

My neighbour uses mine, I just let him authorise his machine on my account and he asks before he pays for any apps and gives me the money

So how do I get all the apps I have bought on to my wife's laptop? Do I need to re download all of them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

no sign into ur account and transfer purchases from the 3gs

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    no sign into ur account and transfer purchases from the 3gs

OK so I sign in to my iTunes account on the wife's laptop?

yeah and authorize the account

yeah and authorize the account

And then sync the phone or what?

Sorry I am as thick...:o

before ya sync right click the iphone in the left menu and click transfer purchases, afaik it also works for any songs ya purchased through the iphone

before ya sync right click the iphone in the left menu and click transfer purchases, afaik it also works for any songs ya purchased through the iphone

Ah cool, thanks for that :D.

• Advertisement

no problem

Advertisement