Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstated my bird feeder...

Options
  • 19-06-2010 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

.. yesterday evening and the birds are back already!

So far this morning I have had on the feeder and around the garden:

Bluetit
    Great tit
    Coal tit
    Robin
    Dunnock
    Male Chaffinch
    Blackbird
    Thrush, I think it was a thrush it was on the wall close to the window, about the size of a blackbird but the feathers were a darker brown than the pics I could find on the net.

It's the one thing I like about being up early!

The Male Chaffinch was the first one on the scene yesterday evening and I was delighted to spot two Dunnocks perusing the lawn.

Now, to attract some Black caps/Siskins/bobtailed tits...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I mistook a fledglind greattit for a coal tit!

I spied the adult feeding the fledgling on a perch with a female chaffinch nearby. I really wish I had a decent camera :( Fledgling then went onto birdfeeder but not on the right perch, getting the hang of it!

I filled the feeder up to just below the second pair of perches from the bottom, I do this to put off pigeons who like to turn it into the leaning tower of pisa.

I took the feeder away to dismantle/wash but was slow to put it back up. I'm surprised the birds returned to it so fast. I'm lucky that the garden gets the sun and has lots of trees/bushes/mature trees in and around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 birdie2010

The bird that you thought looked like a thrush is probably a female blackbird, very similar in appearence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm so jealous. I only get two bluetits and one sparrow coming to my feeder. well the pigeons would only they can't get to it, so I feed them separate. I'd love to get loads of different birds like that. Are you in a city or more rural?

Advertisement